Do you feel that the pests in your house are getting out of hand? Here are some easy tips for you to follow while you wait for the assistance of pest control.
- Purchase some boric acid powder or borax. An aerosol spray containing a high percentage of pyrethrum can also be effective.
- Cockroaches have a strong affinity for moisture, heat, and malodorous material. Places to check include the water heater, crevices, and underneath the sinks and spots with nearby electronics. Use the items in these areas and you will be able to end the infestation in your house.
- Always keep your food in sealed containers and maintain cleanliness.
- Make sure that your carpets and floors are vacuumed very well.
- Get some boric acid powder and spread it all over the room. Provide ample time for it to settle and use a broom to transfer it to the carpets.
- Avoid vacuuming for about a week. Repeat the process from the beginning for another week.
- If there is boric acid powder stuck in corners, leave it.
- An insecticide that can prevent fleas to properly hatch can be bought from the store. Follow the directions properly.
- Ticks need the blood of their hosts in order to survive. So, get rid of potential hosts such as rodents, rabbits, and dogs to reduce their number.
- Mow your lawn regularly. They like to stay in places that have weeds and tall grass. They climb these plants, looking for a host to propel themselves into. This hits two birds with one stone, rodents and ticks are discouraged to thrive.
- Spiders usually survive by eating other insects. So, get rid of the insects then your problem on spiders will also be resolved.
- Insecticides are not effective against spiders. However, if you have cleaned your house with bleach solution or treated it with boric acid, then you don’t have to worry much about spiders.
- Ensure that the leaves of your plants are well-trimmed to ensure that ants can’t get access to them.
- Tie a rag applied with insecticide on the stem.
- Talcum powder that is spread around the plant is also a good alternative that can drive away ants.
- Controlling termites are more preventive rather than curative. Start with fixing leaks in your faucets, pipes, and air-conditioning units. Maintain cleanliness of the gutters and down pipes.
- Eliminate stagnant water on your roof by keeping the vents open.
- Always check if damage is already present in your wooden furniture and house structure.
- Minimise the number of plants in your home.
- Dealing with rodents can be done using one of three things: traps, deterrents or rodenticides.
- Traps have been used for a very long time already.
- Deterrents keep the rodents away from the house.
- Rodenticides kill the nasty rodents once and for all. However, these may have issues regarding the effects it can have on the environment, your pets and your own health.
Do you feel that the garden pests in your home are already beyond your control? A professional local pest control and extermination services provider can help solve your problem. Contact us today to request for a quotation!